Live stream currently: Off Air
Welcome to the 'radio player' for bitternepark.info and portswood.info.
It's simple to use: just click either of the 'Play' buttons on the player above (why there are two we're not sure!) to listen to our live audio stream, internet radio channel or live podcast facility (however you like to think of it) - but it only works when we're 'On Air' of course.
The next scheduled programme is at 9pm on Tuesday, May 22, 2012, with a test stream starting as soon after 8pm as we manage. Full programme details will be available from a link here - once the link is live.
Can you support the websites, and future podcasts, by becoming a friend? Click for more info while you're listening (opens in new window).
If you hear nothing when you've clicked on 'Play', check:
- Are we 'On Air' (is there a programme scheduled?)
- Check the Bitterne Park Radio status page - opens in new window
- If you get an error message (perhaps Error #2032) it probably means we're not actually streaming any audio for one reason or another - see point above. You may want to try again in a few minutes - be sure to refresh the page.
- Is your computer's volume up and are any external speakers turned on?
- If your computer's plugged into a stereo, is the stereo plugged into the right input channel, and is its volume up?
- If it was working but isn't now, try refreshing this page on your browser and pressing 'Play' on the player again.
- If that still doesn't work, try clearing your browser’s cache, and repeating the above step.
- You can also try tweeting us or emailing us and we'll help if possible - but we may be a bit busy!
If you navigate way from this page to look at other web pages while you're listening, you will lose sound, so you'll have to return and press 'Play' again to resume listening. So if you want to go surfing while the show is on, use another browser window or tab.
If you miss the beginning of the programme you can't listen again from the beginning using this player, as it's for streaming live audio. However we will usually try to post up a 'listen again' recording as soon as we can after the show.
For maximum enjoyment, why not try plugging in your computer to your stereo system? Cables are inexpensive and the increase in quality is generally well worth it.